Since 1868 the family Gerritsen has been involved in the production and supply of silverware. Sola was founded in 1922 by Mr. M.J. Gerritsen. For generations the Sola brand mark is synonymous for the most wonderful cutlery in excellent and durable quality.
Sola has been manufacturing and distributing its products through dealers and wholesalers, reaching all various sectors of the hospitality industry from hotels and hotel-supply companies, restaurants, airlines, cruise-lines and others.
In our range of cutlery we have many different styles, varying from classic to contemporary designs in stainless steel, silver-plated and sterling silver in different price-levels. New designs based on the latest trends are regularly being introduced. Many designs can be supplied from stocks kept in different parts of the world.
Our main objective is to offer excellent quality products against competitive prices. All our products are being supplied with a lifetime guarantee against production and/or material faults. We believe that customer-satisfaction is highly important. That is why we have a customer-oriented way of working.
Working method and quality control
Over the past 93 years Sola has grown into an important player on the market. Due to this growth of the company we expanded our production facilities to Asia. In view of the highly competitive market we can benefit from sharp prices due to our high volumes and long lasting relationship with our factories and effective and cost efficient distribution.
As part of Sola’s quality control (Sola’s QC) we supervise and analyse the materials carefully. The raw material that Sola is using for their products is of the highest quality and agreed composition, according to fixed international standards.
All factories are regularly visited by our QC department, in order to optimise the cooperation and production quality output. It is an ongoing process of monitoring by our well trained controllers from Sola BV and Sola Korea Ltd.
An efficient team enables Sola to work flexible and respond to new developments rapidly. Therefore we can offer our customers a high quality product that meets the latest market trends against highly competitive prices. Putting the customers at the core of our business enables us to understand their needs. By using our experience and know-how we can always provide a solution that meets your requirements.
Working with Sola
– Long history in developing, producing and supplying cutlery
– Founded in 1922, still fully private-owned company
– Brand name very well recognised
– Fully committed staff with extensive knowledge
– Great expertise in stainless steel and silver plated cutlery production
– Very experienced in worldwide logistics
– Many high class clients internationally
– Products are fully guaranteed against production and/or material failures
– Internationally recognised and well appreciated range of designs
– Full range of articles available in each design
– Can be delivered in 18/0, 18/10 and silver plated
– Sophisticated design
– Frequent development of new designs
– Offering possibility of tailor made designing
– Deliveries from stock which are kept in different parts of the world
– Use of high quality stainless steel from Korea, Japan and Australia
– Production and output is controlled by our Sola BV and Sola Korea Ltd. staff and management
– Benefit from very competitive pricing for high quality products
– Sola is producing in Far-East region for 40 years already
– An extensive quality control program guarantees the excellent quality and finish of our Cutlery